Prairie Trust, a division of Waukesha State Bank, is a trust services provider with unrivaled expertise in Wisconsin trust administration. We serve clients throughout the U.S. and are privately owned, giving us the independence and freedom to do the right thing for the right reason.
In addition, we work closely with other financial professionals, including attorneys and financial advisors. Our advisor-friendly business model means we regularly support financial advisors as they nurture and grow relationships with their clients. In many cases, advisors continue to oversee clients’ investment portfolios while we serve as trustee.
Specialized Expertise. Strategic Partnerships.
Our team of experts draws on vast experience and technical knowledge to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our administrators average more than 20 years of experience, and our president was involved in drafting the Wisconsin Trust Code and is working on further legislation to continue to improve the state’s trust laws.
Our team includes attorneys, Certified Financial Planners®, Certified Trust and Fiduciary Advisors, licensed Certified Public Accountants, MBAs and more. Just as importantly, because direct personal contact never goes out of style, our approach is responsive, active and accessible.
Our expertise is furthered by our willingness to take on difficult situations, including special needs trusts (for which we are known nationally), trusts subject to contention within families (even with active litigation), and estate settlements with complex requirements.
- In our open-architecture trust administration model, we accommodate both directed and delegated investment management. In most cases, investment assets can be held with the advisor’s preferred custodian.
- We administer irrevocable, revocable, directed, delegated, life insurance and charitable trusts.
- We are willing to take on special needs trusts of any size.
- Accounts may hold real estate, closely held business interests, promissory notes, tangible personal property, life insurance and other specialty assets.
- Working with Prairie Trust puts your estate in the hands of an experienced team of advisors, which helps give your loved ones peace of mind.
- We work with other professionals to gather and value assets, pay remaining debts, prepare tax returns, and distribute property as specified per a will or trust.
- Our process is transparent and includes regular updates to beneficiaries.