Wealth Management Solutions Content Hub
- Marginal tax rates decreased for 2018, with 37% being the top rate.
- The standard deduction for joint filers increased to $24,000 in 2018.
- The personal exemption was eliminated for 2018 and beyond.
- The annual gift exclusion increased to $15,000 for 2018.
- The gift and estate tax exclusion increased in 2018 to $11,200,000.
- The maximum annual salary deferral into a 401(k) plan increased to $18,500 for 2018, with an additional $6,000 allowed for those ages 50 or older.
- The maximum annual contribution into IRAs and Roth IRAs remains the same for 2018 at $5,500, with an additional $1,000 for those ages 50 or older.
- The top rate for long term capital gains in 2018 is 20%.
- The top rate for dividends in 2018 is 20% .
- You may deduct up to 60% of your AGI to a public charity in 2018.
- You may deduct up to 30% of your AGI to a private foundation in 2018.
Click here for 2018 Key Tax Code Numbers.